Taking the Census
In March, nearly every household in the U.S. received a card with a personal code from the Census Bureau with instructions on how to fill out the Census. You can fill out your form online below, by phone or by mail.
How Census Data Helps the Leavenworth Community
Data collected in the Census helps local decision makers know how Leavenworth is changing. Population totals determine the amount of federal funding allocated for services in our community. Census data is used in many ways to benefit Leavenworth residents, including:
• Distribution of more than $675 billion annually in federal funds back to tribal, state, and local governments.
• Redistricting of state legislative districts.
• Forecasting future transportation needs for all segments of the population.
• Determining areas eligible for housing assistance and rehabilitation loans.
• Assisting federal, tribal, state, and local governments in planning and implementing programs, services, and emergency response.
• Designing facilities for people with disabilities, the elderly, and children.
Census information can only be used to produce statistics. Your name and other personal information is protected. It is against the law for the Census Bureau to release responses that could identify you or your household to any law enforcement or immigration agency.