VI. Confidentiality of Records
A. Library staff will not release any library record or disclose patron information except in the following circumstances:
- Request by the parent, guardian or custodian of a minor child.
- Requester must present a valid photo ID
- Upon the request or consent of the individual who is the subject of the request
- For administrative library purposes including:
- Establishing or maintaining a system to manage or assist in the transfer of Library Records from one records management system to another
- Compilation of statistical data on library use and collection of fines and penalties
B. Patrons may grant circulating privileges on their account to a secondary user by providing permission to library staff. Secondary users must provide a photo ID or their own library card in order to gain access.
C. Court orders or subpoenas for patron information stored in Koha library software must be directed to the Northeast Kansas Library System, 4317 West 6th St., Lawrence KS 66049.