The Leavenworth Public Library is your connection to 24/7 help for classwork, homework and reports on any subject. Some of the sites below require a Kansas Library eCard, which is available for free. Call Reference at 913-682-5666 ext. 2100 to request an eCard or apply online.
The links may take you to the Kansas Library eCard login page. If that happens:
> Type in your Kansas eCard number
> Type in your date of birth
> Click “Submit”
You will then land on the Kansas State Library’s database page.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on one of the images:
> Research for Kids (elementary school levels)
> Research for Students (middle school and up)
You can then use any of the resources listed there.
If you do not have a Kansas eCard, return to this page and apply for one online.
Learning Express Library offers a variety of study aids, lessons and practice tests. This site does not require an eCard but you will have to create a username and password.
- School Center – practice and get help for math, science, language arts, social studies, use of technology, problem solving
- College Admissions Test Preparation – tutorials and practice tests for ACT, SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, AP, TOEFL, writing college admissions essays
- Student Success Skills – learn to take better notes, improve test-taking skills
- Career Preparation – learn about careers, get ready for exams in 14 different fields
- Computer Skills Center – look for Popular Software Tools to improve your computer skills
Today’s Science Connect with discoveries being made by scientists around the world.
Bloom’s Literature Helps you read and understand books and authors discussed in class
Health Reference Center Gather information on health topics.
Issues and Controversies Explore different viewpoints of current and historical events.
Mango Languages Easy language-learning. This site does not require an eCard but you will have to click “Sign Up” at the bottom of the page to create a profile.
Help for Parents and Students
For more resources to help you learn at home, check the Library’s Learning Resources page under Explore a Topic.