Library staff cannot offer assistance or advice regarding your personal tax needs.
The Library has ordered copies of the 2022 1040/1040-SR forms and instruction booklets; they will be available near the Reference desk when they come in. All other forms and instruction booklets are available online: www.irs.gov/forms-pubs. (See Tax Forms section below for further information).
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) at the Library
THE VITA APPOINTMENT SCHEDULE AT THE LIBRARY ENDED ON MARCH 30, 2023
VITA sites such as the Library’s offer free tax help to people who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns, including:
- People who earn $73,000 or less (either single filers or total combined for married filing jointly)
- Persons with disabilities
2022 tax forms, instructions and publications are available on the IRS website. The IRS began accepting 2022 tax returns on January 23, 2023. This year’s deadline to file tax returns is April 18, 2023.
- Federal tax forms and instructions can be downloaded at home or from Library computers at www.irs.gov/forms-pubs. Black and white printing is 10¢ per page, color printing is 25¢ per page.
- You can order forms to be sent to your home at www.IRS.gov/orderforms or by calling 800-829-3676.
- The IRS provides an online Free File Program for state and federal taxes if you meet certain criteria.
Kansas Department of Revenue forms and publications – The State of Kansas only accepts online tax returns.
The IRS Tax Withholding Estimator offers taxpayers a user-friendly, step-by-step tool for tailoring the amount of income tax they have withheld from wages and pension payments.