To set up the app:
- Download the Libby, by Overdrive app from your preferred app store
- Search for Leavenworth
- Select Sunflower eLibrary, Leavenworth Public Library
- Enter Library Card Number
- Enter PIN (Library Card Password)
The Libby app is compatible with Android, iOS and Microsoft devices. The app can be installed via secondary application to Amazon Kindle devices.
Requirements for Apple/iOS devices
As of September 30, 2021, users on older Apple devices (Mac computers running lower than macOS 10.12.1 and iPhones/iPads running iOS 9) may have trouble using the OverDrive desktop or mobile apps. These issues are because of a recent change made by OverDrive’s web certificate provider (learn more about their change).
This change may also affect those trying to use their library’s OverDrive website in older web browsers.
Affected users may see security warnings or have trouble accessing some or all of the functionality of the OverDrive app or website, including signing in, browsing, borrowing, or loading content.
To continue using OverDrive:
- Mac users: The OverDrive for Mac desktop app is now only supported on macOS 10.12.1 through 10.14. If possible, update your computer to one of these macOS versions to resolve issues with the OverDrive for Mac desktop app.
Note: If you update to macOS 15 or higher, you’ll lose access to OverDrive for Mac.
- iPhone/iPad users: Libby’s minimum iOS version is now iOS 10. To use Libby on an iOS device, users are required to update their device’s operating system to iOS 10 or newer. Steps to help iOS users update their operating system version.
- Browser users: Users on older web browsers may experience issues loading libbyapp.com or your OverDrive website and should upgrade to a newer browser version, if possible.