Beginning Monday, April 5, 2021, the Library will restore full operating hours, with some modifications:
Monday – Thursday 9 to 11 a.m. & 1 to 9 p.m.
Friday and Saturday 9 to 11 a.m. to 1 to 5 p.m.
Sunday 1 to 5 p.m.
Curbside Service Hours (building closed to public)
Monday – Saturday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Material will no longer be quarantined
- 75 patrons in facility at one time, no time limit
- Facemasks required (disposables are available to hand out)
NOT required for children under 5 or patrons with health conditions that prevent wearing
- Hand sanitizer available for patrons, distributed by staff
- Main and YA restrooms open; drinking fountains not available
- Public internet computers open for use with social distancing in place, 1 hour limit with Leavenworth Public Library card, 30 minutes with guest pass
- Limited seating placed with social distancing in place
- Meeting rooms open—limit of 20 people per meeting, 2-hour time limit; contact the Reference desk at 913-682-5666 extension 2100 to book a room
- Kansas Room open—occupancy limited to 3
- Library programs:
> For children and teens: in-person with limit of 15 people (Online Storytime will still be presented on the Children’s Facebook page at 10 a.m. Monday through Friday)
> For adults: select programs in-person with a limit of 15 people, most adult programs will continue to be presented on Zoom
> Large Summer Reading Program events are being planned for City parks
- The Study Room in Teen room is closed
- Book, magazine & dvd donations not accepted