Reading to babies and toddlers is the very best way to begin their lifetime of literacy. It also brings parents and children together to build lasting memories.
The Library’s 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten will help make reading fun and rewarding for the whole family. Free books and special events are among the rewards your children can enjoy as reading becomes a part of their lives.
How it works:
- Download a registration form or pick one up at the Children’s desk
- Your child gets a free 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten t-shirt and a reading log to keep track of how many books they read or are read to them.
- Once 100 books are completed, turn in the reading log at the Children’s desk.
- Children receive a free book for every 100 books they read or are read to them.
- Every child who complete 200 books in a year will be invited to the annual 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten celebration for snacks, fun and games.
Get started with reading suggestions from the NEXT catalog:
Picture Books organized by date added to collection, newest first
Open the Door to Literacy board books
Read to Me books discussing the importance of reading and how to read to kids, plus more books for parents to read to their children