To book a meeting room, call the Reference desk at 913-682-5666 ext. 2100.
Temporary Meeting Room Capacities & Procedures
Due to public health concerns, we are limiting the capacity for the Jahn Room and East Room to 20 people each. The Board Room and Study Room in the Young Adult section are not available until further notice.
Reservations are limited to one user/group per day, with a limit of two hours per meeting, which includes set up and cleaning time. Meeting rooms are not accessible during Library curbside hours, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
The rooms will be set up with 20chairs placed six feet apart to maintain social distancing. The rooms must be returned to original order after use:
- clean chairs and tables with disinfectant wipes provided by the Library
- leave chairs as originally placed
- put tables away against the walls
- dispose of all trash
Meeting Room Policy Excerpts:
- All meetings shall be open to the public and free of admission or other charges.
- Library programs or those co-sponsored by the Library take precedence over meetings for outside groups.
- Notice of cancellation is required at least 24 hours in advance of the reserved time. Failure to notify the library of a cancellation may result in the denial of future meeting room privileges.
- Emergency exits cannot be blocked or impeded in any way.
- Notify library staff when meeting is over so technology and room can be secured.
- Failure to properly return room to original order or notify library staff may result in denial of future meeting room privileges.
Meeting Room Technology
The Jahn and East rooms have the following technology for patrons to use.
• Internet access
• Sound bar
• Laptop computer with Word, Power Point and video capabilities
• White board
To ensure the success of any digital content to be used in your presentation, contact Reference staff at 913-682-5666 extension 2100 prior to your meeting date.
See the full Meeting Room Policy for more information.