2 positions available: 1 adult services, 1 youth services
Requirements | Desired Qualities
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service
- Computer skills
- Open availability, flexibility is a plus
- Ability to shelve accurately
- Ability to spend time on feet
- Willingness to learn, accept help & ask questions
- Assisting patrons with finding & selecting items, checking material in/out, etc.
- Accepting payments for fines, etc.
- Shelving materials, including reaching; pushing carts; emptying book drops; etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Closing date: Monday, July 26, 2021
Adult Services Position: 19 hours per week average including evening and Sunday shifts; Saturdays as needed
To apply complete a library employment application and email to email@example.com or submit in person at the main desk.
Youth Services Position: 16 hours per week average including Sunday shifts; evenings and Saturdays as needed.
To apply complete a library employment application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person at the main desk.
Candidates must be specific and complete in describing their qualifications for this position on the application. Failure to state all pertinent information may lead to elimination from consideration. Stating “See Resume” is not an acceptable substitute for a completed application.
Communication regarding your application and/or status will be sent to the email address listed on your application. Please check your email regularly throughout the recruitment process as you may not receive communications by any other method.
Applications are kept on file for six months.
To inquire if volunteer opportunities are available, contact the Library at 913-682-5666 to speak with the Assistant Director (ext. 9200) or Youth Services Supervisor (ext. 9300). A volunteer application is required to be on file.