Under the supervision of the Programming/Marketing Coordinator, this employee will manage the Library’s social media efforts and assist with adult programs and community outreach. Duties will include: creating the Library’s social media content, updating the website, supporting Library marketing efforts, assisting with programs for adults and representing the Library at designated community events. This position works 20 hours per week with communications duties, plus 10 hours per week as a Circulation Assistant, primarily in Adult Services. Evenings and weekends required.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Create content for the Library’s social media platforms.
- Assist with maintaining website content.
- Help implement marketing/communications projects and strategies.
- Gather analytical data from the Library’s website and social media platforms.
- Collaborate with Programming/Marketing Coordinator on planning and implementing adult programs.
- Attend community events and meetings as assigned.
- Perform Circulation Assistant job 10 hours per week. (See Circulation Assistant job duties)
Submit employment application, cover letter and resume to Cindy McGuire, Programming/Marketing Coordinator, 417 Spruce Street, Leavenworth, KS 66048 or email to email@example.com. Please include printed or digital samples of marketing materials and URLs for any websites built or managed and/or social media content produced.
Salary range: 20 hours per week at $13.63 per hour, 10 hours per week at $11.50 per hour. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, KPERS retirement. Health/vision/dental insurance are available. EEO employer.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
To inquire if volunteer opportunities are available, contact the Library at 913-682-5666 to speak with the Assistant Director (ext. 9200) or Youth Services Supervisor (ext. 9300). A volunteer application is required to be on file.