YOUTH SERVICES CIRCULATION ASSISTANT
Requirements | Desired Qualities
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service
- Computer skills
- Open availability, flexibility is a plus
- Ability to shelve accurately
- Ability to spend time on feet
- Willingness to learn, accept help & ask questions
- Assisting patrons with finding & selecting items, checking material in/out, etc.
- Accepting payments for fines, etc.
- Shelving materials, including reaching; pushing carts; emptying book drops; etc.
- Reference assistance
- Manage internet access through library networks
- Assist users with various technology, including saving and printing data
- Assist with programs as needed
- Bulletin board creation, display selection and management
- Manage the Learning Center, includes cleaning toys, equipment, and flat surfaces
- Supervise approved student volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
Hours: 16 avg. hrs/wk; day, evening and weekend hours
To apply for the position, please complete a library application, which is available below, or at the main circulation desk. Return completed application to the Youth Services Supervisor in person or via email: email@example.com.
Application deadline: December 26, 2018 at 5 p.m.
To inquire if volunteer opportunities are available, contact the Library at 913-682-5666 to speak with the Assistant Director (ext. 9200) or Youth Services Supervisor (ext. 9300). A volunteer application is required to be on file.