Requirements & Desired Qualities
- Previous public or academic library experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Computer & Internet skills, awareness of technology
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to spend time on feet
- Reader’s advisory skills
- Reference interview and research methods
- Willingness to learn, accept help & ask questions when needed
- Answering reference and reader advisory questions
- Assist patrons in using library services, computers & copiers
- Assist patrons with material, perform circulation transactions
- Conduct research utilizing print and electronic resources
- Shelving materials, including reaching; pushing carts; etc.
- Some shifts in other departments and other duties as assigned
Hours: 16 hr/wk average; schedule includes evening and weekend hours
Submit application and resume to Assistant Director.
To inquire if volunteer opportunities are available, contact the Library at 913-682-5666 to speak with the Assistant Director (ext. 9200) or Youth Services Supervisor (ext. 9300). A volunteer application is required to be on file.